THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, March 19, 2010

Alyssa is Angry (Plus, Stats & New Music)

Somedays I seriously hate Facebook. Like I wish it were a person so I could slap it across the face.

Back in December, my Facebook account "crashed"...while all my information remained (and still remains) online, I was unable to log in and access anything. I sent Facebook 12 different emails (all of which went unanswered) and finally started a new account. It took days to re-add all my friends and I still have not recovered all the pictures. So I thought the old account was dead-just taking up space on the internet. Then I woke up this morning to 8 different friends telling me that the old account was contacting them, trying to send them a virus through a link. Grrr.... So I just spent the last 2 hours messaging every single one of my 600+ friends, asking them to delete "old me".

"How does one do that?" you may ask. Well first I made a handwritten list of all my friends. )Luckily, I have many friends of the same name). Then I sent out 33 messages with 20 receivers each. All with the same message copied & pasted. What a pain.

The only cool thing is, now I have some really neat statistics. I'm kind of a dork about statistics. Not like, free throws made in a season or percentage of Christians who are bigots. Just silly stuff. Like names. And so, here are the Top 5 names from my friends list. (Male & Female)

Male
Matt(hew)  11
Justin 10
Andrew 9
Eric/Erik 7
Chris(topher) 6
Ryan 6

Female
Jessica 11
Emily 10
Stephanie 8
Jennifer 7
Katie 7

Also, Alex, Chris, Jordan & Taylor were names that showed up for both guys and girls. Very interesting, I know.

And, clearly, I am incredibly bored this afternoon. The kiddles are outside, running aroun and pretending there are dinosaurs living in the backyard. So cute. When I was their age, I played a game where my friend and I pretended there were haunted dead body parts buried in the sand. One of us were the dead and the other, a paelentologist (sp?). Once you dug up the dead, it would chase you around and try to tag you. (Dead Hand in the Sand was the official name) Yeah. I was a weird kid. Not much has really changed though. HA.

Not much is really planned for this weekend. I always have this fantasy of jumping on a train and just...disappearing. I seriously do not have the guts for this though. Instead, I'll probably sleep (a lot), do some grocery shopping (I am such a domestic), and try to outrun my shadow. Now that it's finally nice out, I need to burn off the chocolate pounds before the pool opens and it's time to sun worship. Plus, I have this far-fetched idea of losing 20 lbs. before I come home. We shall see....

So, other than Facebook being a little bitch, there isn't much else to say. I'm just kind of addicted to writing in this again. So, I type a bunch of nonsense that nobody but me cares about and then I feel some release. OH! And to the person who asked about my writing on formspring, I've started writing again...are you interested in reading? I kind of like this stuff and I just might share. =)

Happy Weekend My Friends!!!!

Oh, and PS, ya'll really need to check out Mike Posner. He's from Sterling Heights, MI and sings my official new favorite song, Mirror's Edge. Here's a link: Mirror's Edge . He also sings some pretty chill songs about being a stoner and sings another great song, Still Not Over You, that samples from The Fray. Here's the link to that: Still Not Over You . That one hits kind of close to home for me. =-/ Not that I had a boyfriend in 2000 & I was in 8th grade, not 7th. And I certainly was NOT his first. Buuuut, there is someone who calls me everytime he breaks up with his girlfriend. LoL Miss you, Muddles....

1 comments:

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

I have mixed feelings about Facebook. I have an account because it allows me to keep in touch with friends who live far away from me, but I heard that they are planning on starting to charge for membership, and when that happens, I'm of there.

I'm sorry FB is giving you trouble!