THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Soapbox and Some Randoms

Okay, so I'm sure you've all heard about that girl in Mississippi, Constance, who wanted to wear a a tux and take her girlfriend to Prom. The school told her she was not allowed to wear a tux, she could not arrive with her girlfriend and if they were seen slow dancing they would "probably" be thrown out. She and the ACLU sued the school for discrimination and then the school cancelled Prom all together.
This to me is complete and total BULLSHIT. It's like when Rosa Parks had to give up her bus seat because she was black. Or when we coudn't vote because we were women. The battle for equal rights rages on and I have chosen to side with the gays. So three nights ago I sent out a mass Facebook invitation to group called "Support Constance McMillen". Wowza. Because of that, I lost 6 Facebook friends. And, two different people messaged me about being gay. One asked if I was and the other congratulated me on coming out of the closet. Umm....what? I can say without a doubt that I am defiinitely straight. That's not the issue though. It's that because I support gay rights and don't have a boyfriend so people automatically assume I'm gay. Did you have to be black to support civil rights during the 60s? Bwahahaha....some people. I'd be a little more explicit about this and say I. Get. Around. but I'm pretty sure my parents still read this and that might be a bit more than their poor Catholic hearts can handle, so I'll just say this: saying I'm gay is like saying Obama is conservative. HA.

I could go on and on about this all day...gay marriage, homosexuality and the Bible, the shit happening in DC right now, but I'll come down off my soapbox. (for now anyway)

We still have massive amounts of snow in Schaffhausen and it is really starting to get to me. Whitney said it best in an email she sent me, "the amount of snow on the ground is directly proportional to the amount of chocolate I eat." Too true.

The Saginaw Valley hockey team is playing in the national tournament this weekend to defend their title as the the #1 team in Division 3. They play in the semi finals today at 8AM. There aren't many guys left on the team that I know, but I'm still following pretty closely and I'll be sure to keep you updated too.

Today for lunch, Stephanie made a casserole with hamburger that she seasoned with some kind of chili powder she brought back from South Africa. It was wayyy too hot and the kid refused to eat it, so I ate it to be polite. My insides are now violently rolling around and burning. I made my own antacid with a tablespoon of baking soda in a glass of milk (super disgusting, but it usually works) but I'm pretty sure I might die anyway. =P

Lady Gaga's new video came out the other day. Lady Gaga is my herrrrro! So crazy and amazing.

Send me some more burning questions....I have about 10 to answer to answer when I'm done here so be sure to check those out. www.formspring.me/amplatte

0 comments: