THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Items 1-6

A few things....so I made a list.... =)

1) Riding the bus last night, I made an observation. In Park City, we used to jam pack the bus seats-sit three deep sometimes-just to avoid standing. Here, 99 times out of 100, if you are sitting in window seat no one will sit next to you. Even if it means standing. Last night, there was only 1 person in each double seat and there were probably 10 people standing. I don't understand it, but it probably relates to the way people almost never make eye-contact when passing. This makes me miss America A LOT because I am fairly outgoing and I miss just talking to random people everywhere I go.

2) My Sims 3 crashed my computer twice yesterday and once today, so I had to remove it from my computer. And now, because it was an online download (as opposed to a CD) I can't figure out how to redownload it without payig for it again. Old Alyssa would've had no problems doing this, but New Alyssa is fiscally responsible (it's all part of "getting my shit together"-my rarely mentioned New Year's resolution) So now I have to scour the internet trying to figure it out. Hmph!

3) This video was featured on Perez Hilton the other day and now I want to share it with you. It combines two of my favorite things: Alice in Wonderland and Lady Gaga. Gaga in Wonderland

4) Speaking of Alice in Wonderland....I am seriously boycotting the new one and I don't care what anyone says. The books were amazing and the original cartoon is one of my favorites. I feel like the Johnny Depp~Tim Burton re-do would scare the bejesus out of me and ruin the original a la Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

5) I'm at a crossroads and I'm really not sure what to do when I get back to America. On one hand, now that I know what I want to be when I grow up and exactly how to get there, it's time to start college and take care of business. But then, Alligator wants to return to PC for another winter and I do too. I mean, I LOVE Park City and Deer Valley and everything that goes along with it, but I feel like I've stagnated and going back will just make it worse. And I hate going to school....sitting there hour after hour listening to someone lecture and writing papers. I feel like I have to glue my eyes open to pay attention. And, honestly, I'd rather glue my eyes open than sit in a classroom for the next 4 years. But college is the only way to get to point A to point B. Allison Porta said I could have my cake and eat it too, by living in UT and taking online classes through the community college in Gaylord. Or I could take a couple classes while in UT. But really, it comes down to either/or. Pick one, discard the other. =( At least I have a little more time to decide.

6) Finally, check this out!!! You can ask me all your burning questions, and it's totally anonymous! http://www.formspring.me/amplatte

0 comments: